Thursday, September 9, 2010

Busy, busy, busy

Boy, have we been busy! Alan's in law school, I'm working for the university 20 hours per week, babysitting 10-12 hours per week, and going to grad school part-time (1 3-hour class). Sometimes it can seem a little overwhelming, but I'm really enjoying it here. We've made some friends at church and I really like everyone there. I don't think I'm going to make any 'lasting' relationships in my current grad class. The girls don't really seem to like me. Oh, well. I'm not really concerned with impressing them. I'm 25 and that's ANCIENT to them! Plus, I'm married! You might as well call me a grandma!!!

Anyways, my supervisor is booking my tickets for West Virginia this week! I'm really sad that Alan isn't going to be able to come with me, but I'll only be gone for one night. I've never flown by myself, never stayed in a hotel by myself, so I'm pretty nervous about it, but excited too. It's a great opportunity for me and hopefully I'll learn a lot that will be beneficial for my job too. I've got some ideas for a newsletter, blog, and possibly a facebook page, so maybe that will be in the works soon. I started duplicating our files today (my office isn't in the same building as the previous coordinator so I have to make copies of everything for the other office across campus). It's good because I'm getting to go through all of the files and get an idea of how things are done. I'm still trying to get a grasp on what exactly my responsibilities are, but it's exciting learning all the different aspects of the job.

Well, I'm working on a little crochet project you can check out here:
here

Alan is studying and I need a little time to just relax so I'm going to go get to work!

2 comments:

  1. So, the blanket is so cute!!! I am glad you all are settling in well. I also am pretty much looked at as a grandma! What you are 25?...I thought you were like 19!!! thank you, but no I am 25, married and a Christian....as you can tell by the way I dress!!! (which is also much different from them!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The modesty thing blows my mind! It was 29 degrees last Tuesday morning and there were girls in booty shorts and tank tops!

    ReplyDelete