Monday, November 23, 2009

Things That I Am Thankful For

This is by no means meant to be an exhaustive list of the things that I am thankful for. I could never compile that list...there isn't enough time!

I am thankful for:
  1. A loving God who has blessed me in innumerable ways (for a sampling of these blessings, see numbers 2 and following).
  2. A husband who loves me so much more than I deserve, who is patient with me, and who cares for me so deeply.
  3. My parents who raised me in the church and taught me what is right.
  4. The time that I got to spend with my dad. I long for the day when I see him again. There are so many things about him that I miss and I wish that I had him for longer. If you still have your parents, don't take them for granted!
  5. My mom who keeps me grounded by always reminding me to think ahead
  6. My brothers, who have all taught me different things about love and life. Even though we don't always agree, I respect them so much and love them dearly.
  7. My parents, who blessed me with 5 brothers to teach me strength.
  8. My parents, who didn't give me any sisters so I wouldn't have to share any of my stuff :)
  9. My oldest brother, Ray, who encouraged me to remain pure until I was married and was unafraid to talk to me about these things at a young age.
  10. My brother, Jeremy, who is one of the reasons I am a faithful Christian today and a reason that I'm with my husband.
  11. My brother, Jonathan, who is one of my best friends and who I can always talk to and be open with.
  12. My brother, Patrick, who always challenges the way that I look at the Scriptures. I've grown so much out of conversations with him.
  13. My brother, Tim, who helps me to remember that there is always someone watching you and that your example can affect others.
  14. My nieces and nephews, who have taught me love and what true unconditional love is.
  15. Ray and Ginger, who blessed my life with Alex, MacKensie, and Riley.
  16. My nephew, Zach, who lights up my life everytime that I see him.
  17. Jonathan and Dana, who blessed this world with a beautiful child like Zach.
  18. Ray, Ginger, Jonathan, and Dana for giving me the nieces and nephews to remind me why I want to wait a LONG time to have kids :)
  19. My MawMaw, who has been such a strong fighter these past two years.
  20. My uncles, who have all proudly served in our military.
  21. Two of my best friends, Erika and Ashley, who have each blessed my life in more ways than they will ever know.
  22. My new job that I am so excited about!
  23. My friends, Bethany, Robin, and Tiffany. If it weren't for you guys, I don't know if I'd have made it through college!
  24. How everything ended in Jacksonville and that making it so much easier to move.
  25. Our church family at Vestavia. They have taken us in and helped us to grow so much!
  26. My two and three year old class, that teaches me patience and love.
  27. The air that I breathe. Thank you so much, God!
  28. Having the ability to go into my kitchen and drink clean water.
  29. Living in a country where I can worship freely.
  30. My job at Jo-Ann and how it has taught me patience and to learn that God knows what is best for me.
  31. The Bible and it's ability to always teach me something new.
  32. Jesus, for dying on the cross and giving His life for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment