Thursday, November 19, 2009

Throwing Out 50 Things

So I've started reading a book Throw Out 50 Things and it is really motivating! I started in our bedroom (in the order that the book dictates) and, so far, I've gotten rid of about four boxes worth of stuff. I haven't been keeping count, but I am going to go back and make a list so I know exactly how many things I've gotten rid of. She says that helps you to really see how much you've let go of. The hard part, though, is that multiples only count as one item. For instance, if you throw out one magazine or sixty magazines, that still only counts as one item of your fifty. Either way, I am well on my way to fifty and I'm confident I will reach fifty before I go to bed tonight. I'll probably stay up a little late tonight because I slept about 13 hours last night/this morning. I've been a little sick and haven't felt very well at all, but I am starting to feel better and I have lots of energy since I haven't been able to do anything!

I am really excited about the holidays coming up! I've almost finished Christmas shopping, except for a few things for Alan and my mom. The hardest thing is that I've got to get Alan's birthday present also. I have an idea of what I want to get him, but it's going to be hard to find the time to go shopping for it, especially since next week has the most dreaded shopping day! I am very proud of myself for not procrastinating this year. I'm normally shopping right up until the last week before Christmas...but not this year!

I'm also really REALLY excited about my new job! This is the position right below my dream job and I will finally have health insurance! I start on December 1st and I can't wait! I am pretty nervous about it too, but I know that they are going to give me any training that I need. I'm also going to have all of Christmas break to look over my materials and get familiar with everything. I'm also going to have an OFFICE :) I don't know if that means a desk in a room with a bunch of other people, a cubicle, or an actual office, but I don't care! It's so exciting!

1 comment: