Friday, July 10, 2009

Frustrations

Well, I had a job interview with Home Depot on Monday and thought it went pretty well. She told me that she would be in contact on Tuesday or Wednesday...would definitely make the decision by Thursday and I haven't heard anything. I tried calling today and she told me that she'd have to pull my file so to call back at 3 pm. I called back and she put me on hold...for 25 minutes and she never picked back up so I hung up and tried calling back. They said they were sorry, but she wasn't answering her phone right now. I'm not sure what to do, but I really hope I get a job soon. We really need the money.

We had to get the brakes fixed on the pathfinder and luckily Alan could get a discount at work. They said it would have cost $1400-1500 to fix, but it was only going to cost us about $800. They finally finished today (after 1 1/2 weeks) because they kept getting the wrong part in or not getting the part in at all. Anyways, it ended up only costing $715, which was a big relief for our checkbook!

I'm trying to find things around the house to put on eBay so that we can maybe get a little extra money from that. I wish that I could get some Pampered Chef shows booked, but I just don't know anyone around here to have a show yet. I actually have business cards now though, so maybe that will help. We went to Books-A-Million the other night and I stuck a few cards in the weddings section (since we do registries). Maybe someone will book one!

I can't believe that today is Friday. It doesn't feel like it at all...especially since Alan has to work tomorrow. I'm trying to not be too lonely, but I feel like I need to get out of the house. Unfortunately, getting out of the house and going anywhere requires me spending money...which we don't have any of (okay, we have a little, but it's already earmarked for bills). I miss Erika and Ashley. Even though we didn't hang out a lot during the week, I guess it was just comforting knowing that they were close by.

I guess I'm just really unsure about what to do. I have applied for SO MANY jobs and Home Depot is the only one I've even heard anything from. I know that me getting a job isn't going to instantly solve all our money problems (I'm thinking about that $2300 credit card bill we have and the $370 we owe on my tires), but at least we would be able to pay those bills down and maybe be able to put a little in savings.

I really wish I could get some shows booked. Even if they were small shows, 4 shows a month would bring in an extra $300 a month and would only take about 5 hours a piece of work. That's pretty good money if you asked me! The problem is just getting the shows booked.

Well, I think I've done enough complaining for now. I already have dinner in the oven so it should be finishing up right as Alan gets home from work...btw, he doesn't get off until 7 tonight.

I really love our new home even though there are numerous things that need to be fixed. I keep thinking "when we have more money, we can fix _______." And trust me, the options to put in that blank are quite a few. I want curtains for both bedrooms and the living room (sliding glass double doors). I would like to put some shelving in the laundry area (aside from the half-shelf that we now have which only has supports on one side so it leans if you put anything slightly heavy on that side). I would love to have a new washer and dryer so we could NOT have to have the washer 6 inches into the hallway so that it doesn't leak...and this is just the beginning of my list.

Well, I do need to get some things done around here before Alan gets home from work. I think I might try to wash the dishes that are piled up in both sinks. Maybe I'll be done by the time he gets home.

No comments:

Post a Comment