Thursday, July 23, 2009

Remington is the best hair product company ever!!!

Okay, so I know this is like my 10th post today, but I'm in a mood to write (type?).

Awhile back, I bought a hair straightener from Wal-Mart. It straightens and dries your hair (called Wet2Style). Well, after I had only had it for a short period of time, I plugged it in and it caused the breaker to flip in the upstairs at our old apartment. Well, I called the 1-800 number on the back of the box and they sent me a new one. Also, to compensate me for my trouble, they also sent me a new hair dryer (way better than the one I currently had too). So I got a new straightener, and a new hair dryer. Well, we get to our new apartment here in Birmingham and my straightener starts acting funny and keeps reading "E1" and won't heat up. I look up the number for the company and call them. The lady tells me to send in my product with a note explaining the problem. I send it in ($8 shipping btw) and wait...thinking it will be at least 4-6 weeks and thinking they will probably just fix some little problem on the straightener and send it back to me...maybe send a replacement if they can't fix it. I sent it off last Tuesday, so I'm expecting to have to wait for a long, long time...basically thinking I'll get it back in August or September. Well, Tuesday there was a present waiting for me on my doorstep. Was it my straightener? Fixed already? NO! It was better! It was a new straightener...and not just a new version of my old straightener...a new and improved straightener! I looked online and the cost of my old straightener is $34.99 and the cost of this one is $49.99! That means I got a much better straightener for my trouble! The pic below is my new straightener, which I am actually considering exchanging at Wal-Mart because, although a higher quality straightener, it doesn't dry while it styles and I really liked that feature on my old straightener. Because my hair is so thick now (it's gotten SO MUCH thicker than when I was younger), it takes forever to dry. Even though I got about 10 inches cut off, it still seems like it won't get completely dry in the back. I also liked that the old straightener had a curved edge. I may upgrade when I exchange, but I think I'm going to exchange because this straightener doesn't have all the features that I want in a straightener.

Anyways, all of this to say, Remington has definitely impressed me!

No comments:

Post a Comment